Starting a Business?
Starting a Business?
You have a skill, a talent, a product, a profession or perhaps simply an idea. You know this is what you want to be doing all day, every day and are just about ready to take control and make this your reality. Before you take the leap though, you want to surround yourself with the right team.
With Empire Accountants in your corner, you receive personal access to qualified Accountants and Advisors who can guide you on this journey and provide the tools to facilitate your success.
We work seamlessly as part of your team. We are committed to growing your business as you are; your success is our success too.
The Empire provides customised advice in the following areas for your new business:
- Advice on the most suitable way to structure your business – Sole Trader, Partnership, Trust, Private Company or some combination
- Advice on tax minimisation, asset protection and ownership
- Organise and establish the required structure and registrations – ABN, TFN, Business name registration
- Registration requirements and thresholds
- When must you register versus when it is beneficial to be registered
- Requirements for preparing and submitting your Business Activity Statements
- Record keeping requirements
Income Tax Obligations
- Explain the different tax consequences for the structure of your business and how this will specifically impact you
- How to manage your personal income tax now that you own a business
- Explain the legitimate business related deductions – allowable deductions in key areas such as motor vehicles, equipment, operating expenses, insurances, working from home, entertainment, business related travel, education, training and more
- How the ATO’s compliance ‘hot spots’ and benchmarking impact your business
- How your personal obligations for superannuation change when you are self-employed
- Your legal obligations to your employees and contractors
Staffing and Labour
- Legal differences and obligations between staff and contractors
- Explain compulsory work cover and workers compensation policies
- Your personal obligations for superannuation and PAYG withholding tax for your employees
- Recommend systems to keep track of your income and expenses (eg accounting systems such as Xero versus spreadsheets versus paper records)
- Establish record keeping systems – on premise, offsite, in the cloud
Whether you are starting a business in Brisbane or on the Gold Coast, you can book in for an initial meeting with Empire Accountants to discuss your start-up business.
From there, we will propose a solution that is best suited to you and continue to work with you at every step of the way. See our services page for a full list of ongoing services offered.
"...Back in 2009 we wanted to undertake our new Crossfit venture, but we needed help with the business side of things. We sought guidance from Luke as to the best way to structure our business to ensure that we were protected personally, given there was a little bit of risk and we didn’t want to get ourselves into any trouble. Luke has been with us every step of the way over the last 6 years and we really appreciate the open, honest and practical advice he provides. Our business is a family owned business and Luke is truly a pivotal member of our Coastal Crossfit family..."